Remote Desktop Services:
Remote desktop services provide you with an opportunity to be in two places at one time virtually. The service allows you the access of all the programs on the remote machine through the machine that you are using physically provided that both the stated devices be connected through the internet and have the program supporting Microsoft Remote Desktop Services installed.
The software comes in a pair where the machine to be accessed, that is the server (terminal server) must have the host version of the software while the client that is the users that will access the terminal server must have the client version installed. The terminal server has control over the type of access that each client gets. It can either restrict the access entirely making sure that the client can only view the server and make no changes to it or it can provide the complete access or something in between. The term terminal server has used since the first Microsoft Remote Desktop Services. The server is capable of delivering more than one connection that are more than one clients can access at a time depending on the software that used since the older versions don’t support many links at a time.
The software is highly compatible. It can be used even on devices which have either Macintosh or UNIX installed and through this software you can have a Windows experience while using these devices. This means that not only it allows connecting to remote systems, but it also provides for the connection between different operating systems.
The components of the Remote Desktop Services include:
- Connection Broker: This is the main component in establishing a link between the client and the host. This is also an essential node regarding the disruption of a connection between the two parties. In that case, the broker makes it possible that the relationship restored without the loss of the session that is in progress.
- Gateway: This is the bridge that forms a connection between the host and the program supporting these services on a client system.
- Licensing: This is an integral part of the software since without license the usage is named under the illegal and the functionality of the program cannot adequately utilize. It keeps a record of the usage of the license that comes with the original software.
- Session Host: This is an integral component of the host system that allows the server to organize a session which will enable the clients to interact with the host machine.
- Virtualization Host: This lets the process of Digital Strategy and Transformation to take place.
- Web Access: This is the component which allows the client to access the server machine either through the use of some web browser or by their Start Menus.
Since simplicity is what drives the user to get a program the Windows Remote Desktop Services to focus on it and is thus a popular choice.